The Dutch site for all your questions about sex
If you’re going to have sex with someone, it’s important to use a condom right from the start. The same goes for every new partner. Read our tips about buying condoms and where to keep them.
Video: Choosing & buying condoms
How do you find a condom that fits you? Where do you buy them? Watch this video and hear about other young people’s experiences.
- You can buy condoms in lots of places:
> Chemists and supermarkets.
> Condom vending machines in bars and nightclubs.
- Use the 'locator page’ on sense.info: indicate your location to find places in your area with condom vending machines and shops selling condoms.
- Too scared or embarrassed to buy condoms? You really don’t need to worry: 80% of all condom sales are in chemists so you’re not the only one.
Storing your condoms and having them with you
- Just when you don't expect it, you need a condom. Not having a condom with you is the main cause of unsafe sex. So, make sure that there are always condoms available.
- Make sure you always have a few condoms handy, just in case: if one tears, for example, you’ll still have some left.
- It’s best to keep condoms in a cool dark place, like your bedside table or in your wallet or purse. Condoms don’t like extreme cold or heat. So, don’t put them in the fridge, and keep them out of the sun. Don’t keep them with your keys either. Sharp objects can damage condoms.
Also look at
Looking for help?
Couldn't find an answer to your question?