Skip to topmenuSkip to main navigationSkip to main content

Help and advice

handen op elkaar

Talking helps!
Have you had an unpleasant experience? Is it troubling you? Talking helps! Find someone you trust: your mother, your best friend, your sister or brother, your father, someone at school, a confidant or an online advisor. Tell them what happened. It will be a relief. Often you’ll hear that you’re not the only one who has had an experience like that, and that it’s not your fault. Ask the people around you for support so you can feel stronger again.

Sexually abused, assaulted or raped?

A lot of people who have experienced sexual violence feel dirty, scared, angry and wretched. Don't just carry it around with you. There are counsellors who can help you to feel better. This is where you can go for help:

  • You can go to the sexual violence support service Centrum voor Seksueel Geweld day or night, straight after something happens to you. You can also go there for something that happened in the past.
  • Go to your own doctor. He or she can refer you to a psychologist or psychotherapist.
  • Call, chat, email or go to Sense.

Overstepped a boundary yourself?

Have you overstepped a boundary yourself? Are you looking for help? Alternatively, are you shocked at your own behaviour and you want to make sure it doesn't get out of hand? There are people who can help you. Call, chat, email or go to Sense.

Abandoned or forced into a marriage?

Are you frightened of being abandoned or forced into a marriage? Call 0900-1262626 (Advice and Support Centre for Domestic Violence). See also  What is domestic violence?