How can you check if you're pregnant?
Unprotected sex? Do something now!
Are you a woman who has had sex with a man without using a condom or another type of contraceptive? Then you risk getting pregnant.
Did you have unprotected sex in the last 5 days? And do you want to avoid pregnancy? Then you can still do something to prevent it happening.
Checklist: could you be pregnant?
You can get pregnant if you're a woman who's had sex with a man without using a reliable contraceptive.
Are you a woman who’s had penetrative sex with a man and ...
- Do you take the pill? Did you forget to take it that one time?
- Have you vomited or had diarrhoea within 4 hours of taking the pill?
- Was the only contraceptive you used a condom and did it tear?
- Have you had sex without taking the pill, or using a condom or another contraceptive?
- Has something gone wrong with your NuvaRing, IUD, IUS, or contraceptive patch, injection or implant?
Did you answer ‘yes’ to 1 of these questions? Then you might be pregnant.
Possible pregnancy: what now?
2. Do you want to be pregnant?
If you do want to be pregnant, all you have to do is wait and see if it happens.
Want to know if you are pregnant?
Guys, you can do something too!
You both decided to have unprotected sex. So if she’s pregnant, you should both take responsibility. What can you do?
Do you both want to avoid a pregnancy? Go to a pharmacy or chemist together and buy a morning after pill. Would she prefer to have an emergency coil (IUD) fitted? Go with her to the doctor’s practice or to a Sense surgery.
Does she want to get pregnant against your wishes? Or do you want to be a father, and she doesn't want to have children? Respect her choice; don't get angry if she doesn't want the same as you. Find a solution together, one that makes you both happy. Go to your doctor, Sense or pregnancy advisory service FIOM for help and advice.